5/7/09

"Classical/World music any real musician should listen to" May 2009

Maurice Ravel(March 7, 1875 – December 28, 1937) was a French composer and pianist of Impressionist music known especially for the subtlety, richness, and poignancy of his melodies, orchestral and instrumental textures and effects. Much of his piano music, chamber music, vocal music and orchestral music have become staples of the concert repertoire(Wiki).
`Read more about Ravel here
Most famous(I guess)Bolero:

My fave: Le Tombeau de Couperin-Menuet(my fave movement...but I adore the entire thing)
Orchestral

Piano(orig.version)

Jeux d'eau

THIS IS THE COOLEST THING EVER

1 comment:

FLASHY STYLISTA said...

THANK YOU !THANK YOU VERY MUCH le bolero de ravel reminds me when i was small my mum always used to play it (it brought to tears!)anyway thank you for the flashback baby!!!